Acts of JOY International
Acts of JOY 2022 Events
Due to COVID restrictions last year, we were unable to continue our plan to take a team to Olony, Uganda.
Restrictions have lifted in Uganda and our Tailoring classes have resumed as well as our Kindergarten reopened this past January💕💕
Soooo...., moving forward, we are once again putting together a team to Olony, Uganda this coming Fall, 2022.
Our focus will be on the children and our goal, once again, will be to continue our children's CHE (Community Health Evangelism) by teaching several requested lessons, as well as work beside the community to help build a playground at the center.
If you are interested in being a part of this impactful team, please Private Message or email me for more detail.
Olony Community Center
Olony Community Center
In 2019 Acts of JOY, along with Victorious Charitable Organization, purchased property, built & dedicated a 3-room community center in Olony, a community of approx. 700 people, for the purpose of continuing CHE (Community Health Evangelism) & development programs/trainings as well as house our sewing machines and other teaching materials. We met with the leaders of the Community to discuss what they would like to accomplish in their village. Many ideas were discussed but the #1 request was to start a Kindergarten.
Over 100 children were enrolled in the 3 K classes and the school opened in February,2020. Shortly after starting, COVID forced all schools to shut down until March,2021 when grades 6-12 & universities resumed; the elementary and Kindergartens were expected to open soon after, as well; but a new strain forced another lock down and our Kindergarten just reopened January ’22.
Acts of JOY feels led to return this October to help build a playground at the school, as well as continue our CHE program with the children.
ACTS OF JOY CHE Missions Teams
- Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ & a heart to serve the marginalized & material poor of the world
- May need references and a letter from your Pastor
- Not necessary to complete CHE training but helpful- will require some reading if haven't had CHE training
- Limited to 20 team members
- Must attend team meetings (skype/facetime can be arranged for those who live a distance)
- Must participate in all fund raisers
- Not necessary to have any medical background
- Current Yellow fever immunization
- Current passport
- Application & $200 non-refundable down payment (down payment will go toward your total cost but not returned if you drop off team)
Interested? Contact Peggy via contact form on this site or email [email protected]